As MH&W International continuously strives to be the leader for offering powerful solutions in the magnetics industry, MH&W has partnered with a leading OEM supplier of amorphous cores, custom nanocrystalline cores, and 80% nickel iron alloy cores. The core configurations include toroid’s, gapped toroid’s, cut cores, and specialty stampings. With the addition of these products, MH&W will be able to offer the marketplace competitive prices on low frequency magnetics designs in addition to the high frequency magnetics designs currently being supported.
Fe-based Amorphous Ribbon
- Medium-frequency transformer cores in heating equipment.
- Toroidal gapless cores as SMPS output inductors and differential input inductors.
- Toroidal gapless cores as noise prevention chokes in car audio and navigation systems.
- Toroidal gap cores for PFC used in air conditioning and plasma TV.
- High-frequency rectangular cut cores as output inductors and transformers in SMPS, UPS, etc.
- Toroidal gapless cores as pulse transformers for driving IGBTs, MOSFETs, and GTOs.
- Amorphous stators and rotors in high power density speed-variable electric.
- High saturation induction of 1.56 Tesla-Reducing component volume.
- Low coercivity – Increasing component efficiency.
- Low core loss – Reducing temperature rise in devices.
- Variable permeability by different heat treatments – Satisfying various application requirements.
- Excellent thermal stability – Highest service temperature of 130°C.
Power Frequency loss and excitation Power after annealing with Longitudinal Magnetic Field
|Saturation Induction (Bs)||1.56T||Hardness Hv||960kg/mm2|
|Curie Temperature (Tc)||410 °C||Density||7.18g/cm3|
|Crystallization Temperature (Tx)||535 °C||Resistivity||130 µ Ω-cm|
|Saturation Magnetostriction||27 X 10-6|
Comparison of characteristics between
Fe-based Amorphous ribbon and cold-rolled silicon steel sheet
|Saturation Magnetic Inductance (T)||1.56||2.03|
|Maximum Permeability||>25 X 104||4 X 104|
|Core Loss (W/kg)||50Hz, 1.3T, P<0.2||50Hz, 1.7T, P=1.2|
|Magnetizing Power (VA/kg)||50Hz, 1.3T, P<0.5||50Hz, 1.7T, P<0.83|
|Resistivity (µ Ω-cm)||130||45|
|Crystallizationi Temperature (°C)||535||n/a|
|Curie Temperature (°C)||415||746|
|Width (mm)||Thickness (µm)||Manufacturing Method|
|5 ± 0.05||25 ± 2||Slitted Ribbon|
|8 ± 0.05||25 ± 2||Slitted Ribbon|
|10 ± 0.05||25 ± 2||Slitted Ribbon|
|15 ± 0.05||25 ± 2||Slitted Ribbon|
|20 ± 0.1||25 ± 2||Slitted Ribbon|
|25 ± 0.1||25 ± 2||Slitted Ribbon|
|30 ± 0.1||25 ± 2||Slitted Ribbon|
|40 ± 0.1||25 ± 2||Slitted Ribbon|
|50 ± 0.1||25 ± 2||Slitted Ribbon|
|60 ± 1||25 ± 2||Casted Ribbon|
|100 ± 1||25 ± 2||Casted Ribbon|
|142 ± 1||25 ± 2||Casted Ribbon|
|170 ± 1||25 ± 2||Casted Ribbon|
Note: Other specifications can be provided based on customer requirements