Position Title: Applications Engineer
Location: Mahwah, NJ
Reports To: Vice President Engineering
Education: BS in Electrical Engineering
Job Description: Provides Applications assistance in support of the sales of soft ferrite cores and accessories, powder cores, Nanocrystalline cores, Ultracapacitors and others materials as required.
Responsibilities: MH&W International is growing in new areas and industries. We are looking for an applications engineering to support this growth. The ideal candidate will have experience in magnetic materials (soft ferrite, powder cores, Nanocrystalline), power electronics, industrial controls and renewable energy. The engineer we are seeking will work with customers to analyze problems, recommend solutions and write internal specifications. Sales or technical support experience is helpful. The engineer will also be involved in material evaluation and quality control. Extensive interface with customers and internal customer service is required. Limited travel as required.
- Designs samples and supports the manufacturing of samples for customers through our suppliers, as requested. Provide specifications and documentations to customer as needed.
- Interface with customer to provide support, recommendations for cost reductions or performance improvements and issues regarding yield.
- Provide product application support to customers.
- Create/update product documentation for use by suppliers.
- Troubleshoot product and process problems.
- Integrates with account manager or customer service to support customers.
- Travels to visit customers as needed.
- Build relationships with customer’s engineering.
- Make decisions on issues related to product quality.
- Provide support at national trade shows where MH&W exhibits.
MH&W International offers a highly competitive salary and benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with transformer, inductor, common mode and differential mode filter design and applications, core material applications
- Specific experience with the design and application of products to support the alternative energy, motor drive and industrial controls industry a plus
- Strong computer skills [MS Office, Internet, etc.]
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to initiate, lead and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven team player, able to interface at all levels of the organization
For consideration, send resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org