MH&W has acquired a flexible, clip-around, current probe to measure high frequency bearing currents in large motor drives…high frequencies produced by motor drive IGBT’s in the kHz up to several MHz’s.
This customized probe features:
- An electrostatically screened Rogowski coil. The screen decreases the effects of unwanted interference due to capacitive coupling from local voltages sources.
- A low frequency (-3dB) bandwidth to decrease any large fundamental power frequency currents. This significantly improves the SNR for measurement of high frequency bearing currents.
- A high frequency (-3dB) bandwidth of >/=10MHz for coil circumferences up to 1m.
- A wide range of Rogowski coil sizes suitable for even the largest drive cabling.
- Portable, battery operated for ease of field handling and testing.
- A BNC output enabling the engineer to look at the bearing current waveform and perform full diagnostics with an oscilloscope.